Tuesday 21 April 2009

Holiday run down - part 3!

So, after the Mestalla tour, we still had pretty much half the day left to do some exploring. Because the weather was nice, we decided to head to the beach to check it out. By this point, my feet were aching, and I was pretty sure my back was going to cave in on itself but I still battled on.


The first thing I spotted (from quite a way off) were the Spanish and Valencian flags.

From there, there was a pedestrian area next to the beach where we walked down for a while seeing as neither one of us was suitable dressed for sunbathing. Across there, we walked past several of those sand sculptor people, and I got my dad to take a pic of one of them because it was really interesting the way he had decorated it with various things.

We also walked past one of the many hotels on the seafront. This one just happened to be a five star hotel, and judging by the outside, it was pretty pricey one.

Finally, we took some snaps of the actual beach and the sea because it was all pretty and blue and calm.

After that, we headed back to out hotel for lunch, after which I fell asleep. I just barely managed to wake up in time for the football, and of course, this being in Spain, they were showing the Barca game. Not that I'm complaining, I didn't particularly want to see the Liverpool game because I'm a pretty sore loser, and even though I had faith in the boys, I didn't thik that would be enough to get them through seeing as the needed to score at least three goals to have a chance of staying in the competition. Typical of my luck really that the most entertaining game I remember hearing about in recent CL history was the one time I was in a country where nobody was showing it. Boo.

After the football finished, I wanted to go back into town for a little while, but as soon as I tried to drag myself back to my feet, my back finally packed in on me, and I had to make do with an early night instead, with the next day's plan already made.

2 comments:

senorita.blue said...

Ayyy - Valencian beach - blue skies, deep calm blue water <3
Those sculptures are soo cool!
I wish there are more creative hippies creating those here.

random - did you get sunburnt?

Misty Stiletto said...

Oh man, seeing these pictures is making me want a holiday even more than I already do.

Can't believe you missed the Liverpool game :(

free counters