Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Holiday run down - part 5!

Ok, I am finally going to stop slacking and actually do the post from the final day in Valencia. So, we woke up obscenely early again, which for once, I didn't complain about because it was our last full day there and I didn't want to miss out on anything. We went back to the city of Arts and Sciences to see the science museum. It was a load of fun, there was all sorts of interactive activities and things to do, and we spent a good few hours exploring. There was a cool DNA helix thingy displayed, which actually made my neck hurt looking up at it. I don't think I got a pic though. Or I did and I can't find it. Anyway, moving on...

Yeah, that was a map thingy of the city on the ground. And yes that is the Mestalla. And yes, I did make my dad take a pic. There was also all sorts of cool things suspended from the ceiling, but instead, I'm choosing to post this because you can see the design of the building. Sort of.

Anyway, after that, I met up with Sarah (is it the first official Orange Hoodies Kickette meeting?) and we got the bus to the city center. We took a detour past the Mestalla (which was actually in totally the opposite direction to where we wanted to go, but still...) and I'll post the other pic from that when I get it from Sarah. It was kind of weird metting someone I've spent the best part of a year talking to online face to face, but it was kinda awesome too. We sat in this little restaurant to get some lunch amd we got to try the paella. I can see why Valencia is so famous for it, it was damn good paella.

Following that, there was more exploring to be done, my dad wanted to see the silk exchange. Now, I figured this meant there would be exchanging of silk being done, but no, it was just another old building. It was absolutely beautiful inside and out though.

We also got one of the inner city buses that basically does a quick circle around the city center, which took all of 10 minutes. After that, it was time to go our seperate ways. Sarah headed back to her hostel while my dad and I went to try and find a souvenier spoon and I managed to persuade him to get me some ice cream. It was the bestest ice cream ever, and actually, it is probably the cause of my cold right now, because I ate too much in a short space of time while it was raining.

After that, we walked back to the hotel where we watched yet another football game. I don't even remember what it was, some UEFA cup game or other. Then we headed back out to see the city center at night and take some pics.

I was mostly sad because it was my last evening in Valencia and I didn't want to leave. Having said that, my sunburn needed time to heal. I packed my suitcase in the evening before we went out to avoid having to worry about it later. We didn't have to leave until midday the next day, but it still didn't leave us an awful lot of time for exploring. Sadly, I didn't even get to see the boys train. *sighs* Still, there's always next time.

Then on the plane home, we took some pics of Valencia from the air.


Vanilla Bear said...

I can't get over how pretty Valencia is, I am so so so jealous! The Silk Exchange looks so lovely - I am definitely going to go there. Maybe next summer :D