Thursday 13 November 2008

<3 Nando

Nando. Well, what can I say about him other than just total ♥ for the boy. His debut season in the Premier League was just phenomenal, and defenders just did not know what to do with themselves when he was running at them with the ball at his feet. TBH, other than shit their pants, I don't think there's much they can do. He's a brilliant striker for a lot more reasons than just scoring loads of goals. He holds the ball up well, he's all over the pitch and isn't scared to help out in defence. Aside from that, he's not selfish. If there's a player in a better position to score, he will pass the ball. Just look at the first Spain-Russia game from the Euros for evidence of that.

He's so much of a threat to teams, he's constantly getting fouled, and this makes me sad. I know it's a part of football, but come on, pick on someone else once in a while huh? Sadly, he's been suffering a lot with hamstring injuries lately, and it breaks my heart every time I see him limp off the pitch near tears. Nando, we still love you and don't ever rush back, please take the time to heal properly.


Also, can I just say how good Liverpool red looks on him. I know he's spent most of his professional career at Atleti, but seriously, it's like he was made for Liverpool. I hope he stays for many years to come, we could win big things with him in the team.

As well as being adorably cute and a good footballer, he's also a popular member of the team, and you always want someone who gets on with everyone playing for your team. I just can't get over how quickly he settled in, and I'm pretty sure that he's going to remain one of the most successful debutants in the PL for many years to come.

There's so much more I want to write about, but I honestly don't know where to begin. He's one of those footballers I admire for their skills more than for their looks. That's not to say I don't find him attractive, because he is a good looking guy. Its just, when he's on the pitch with a ball at his feet and he's scoring goal after goal, I don't even notice the looks. I'm just blown away by how good this boy is. Bearing in mind he's only 24, he's already one of the first names on the teamsheet for both club and country when he's fit and I'm sure we haven't seen the best of Fernando Torres just yet.

Also, he has one of the coolest songs I have ever heard sung at a stadium. Just in case you don't know it already, here:



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aww, Nando! I've never met anyone who doesn't like him, no matter which team they support. He's just a fantastic player and a classy guy.

Vanilla Bear said...

*Sings along with Torres song*
I love love love love love love love himmmmm! I'll do a Nando post at some point too :DDD

free counters