Wednesday 15 October 2008

Sometimes, the real world is sucky...

I was meant to be meeting a friend in town today so I could get my tattoo. Well, yeah. Didn't happen, because she cancelled on me. Well, technically, we rescheduled for the weekend, but I'm pretty sure my tattooist won't be free then, and I really don't want to go to anyone else. It's times like this I really start thinking about who my real friends are. It's the ones I know will never let me down.

I mean, not to say that she isn't a real friend because she won't come with me to watch me biting my lip and trying not to crush the nearest object to me. Its just, whenever we arrange to meet up, something else always comes up. It's not like I'm trying to stop anyone having a life because I seemingly don't have one. I've always grown up thinking that if you make a promise, you should follow it through. If you think there's the slightest chance of you not being able to keep that promise, don't make it in the first place. I wouldn't mind it if was just once or twice, but it happens almost every time. I haven't seen her for almost 5 months, it would be nice to catch up but I'm starting to feel like it'll be another 5 months before I actually get to see her. It seems like a stupid thing to get annoyed about but it's pretty much one of my main stresses recently.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Gina, I'm so sorry. I know how much you were looking forward to this. :( *hugs*

Vanilla Bear said...

Aw Gina, is there anyone else about who wouldn't mind going with you? It does suck when friends cancel :( *hugs*

free counters