Tuesday 7 October 2008

UEFA cup draw

Group G:
Valencia CF
Club Brugge
Rosenborg
FC Copenhagen
Saint-Etienne



Firstly, I'm going to get all the fangirliness out of the way. OMGOMGOMG!! They're in group G, which I would usually hate because it's an odd number...BUT - G is the first letter in my name. It's also the 7th letter in the alphabet. Veeyah plays with the #7 shirt. MFEO much?

Ok, anyway, back to the important business. I'm not going to bother with the other groups, because quite frankly, I don't care about them. Valencia drew an alright group. I mean, it could have been worse. Then again, it could have been better. I'd have liked an English team. Portsmouth to be precise. They're within stalking distance. I suppose that my plan to abduct the whole team is going to have to wait. As Blue so kindly pointed out, the universe wants to wait until Silva's back so I can meet the full team of hotties. And seeing as there's no English team in the group, I'll have to hope that the TV people will be nice enough to show the games live on ONE of the millions of sports channels around.

Seeing as 3 of 5 teams go through to the next round, I'm pretty confident my boys can make it out. I don't know all that much about the other teams, but I know enough about Valencia to feel confident. They've made a great start to the season, and hopefully they can keep that going. And then if I'm lucky, the draw will be kind enough to ensure that they play an English team so I can put my plan into action. *makes mental note to research the other teams in the group later*

The fixtures are as follows:

6th November - Valencia CF vs FC Copenhagen
27th November - Rosenborg vs Valencia CF
4th December - Valencia CF vs Club Brugge
17th December - Saint-Etienne vs Valencia CF

2 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Oh yeah Gina, Valencia should make it out of that group easily! Dahveed will make sure of it!

(So will mmpow ;-)

Stephanie said...

I like the optimism G!

and Lucy, you forgot a ) at the end :P

free counters